11/29 Gotham Clinical Collaborations
Dear Committed Members:
Thank you for joining our dynamic dinners!
WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS AND OUR FOUNDING MEMBERS
Thanks for our successful dinner/meeting and for your commitment to yourself, your practice, your patients and your peers. We missed a few of you and pray you will join us this time.
Here are some rough updates, goals, logistics and plans as well as an agenda for dinner.
Please see our new group and individual profiles: http://www.metrocollaborative.com/the-gotham-collaborative/
Please bring enough business cards and/or brochures and plan to introduce your some combinations of your services, successes, strategies, methods, innovations and challenges. Plan 5 refined minutes. Expect questions. Ask questions. Remember, there are often questions after your initial introduction. If possible, hold questions until one is finished speaking, usually. Let us also discuss the groups goals for the year.
Here are some possibilities:
- Create highly functional collaborations between complementary practices and everyone who participates as well as with seemingly unrelated health care groups.
- Referrals with a transference of good will, information and understanding using Facebook, Linkedin.com, Instagram, links to profiles, biz cards, brochures.
- Who do we best support? Our cardiologist and ob/gyn have taken a leave of absence. What other disciplines? Who would our community benefit? Who would you like to see?
- Lecture series for the public at a library? An evening series of talks for the public with one presenter per 20 minutes in a public and local space.
- Sharing of offices and teams, marketing and other resources, etc.
- Refer to our other groups, encourage referrals from those groups and build your relationships with those clinicians.
- Use our brand and badge, available on your site, linking your commitment to Interdisciplinary Collaboration.
- Sharing with social media, in emails, on calls, etc really support trust and relationship. Often, it is simple for colleagues aligned or complementary with you to just see each others offices and/or have lunch and learns. It is not easy to understand what exactly each other does and how exactly to refer. In NYC, many have had open houses.
- Optimize and collaborate with The Functional Forum nationally and locally for education, community and networking. This is a fantastic group that also offers local meet-ups. perhaps we could co-create meet-ups collaboratively. We attended a wonderful program Monday evening in Alexandria.
- Find work/life balance, wellness and additional ways to support personal health on all levels and in all ways through productive and positive practices.
- Gotham Magazine and/or a separate web site.
Thank you for your commitment. Few dispute that our health care is in need of interdisciplinary approaches, for every one's sake. Collaboration works, even if on a basic referral basis. In NY, DC, NJ, VA & MD we see success even from diverse disciplines. Your feedback, input: welcome.