John Kouame, ND, M.A., B.S.
Licensed Naturopathic Physician
A patient-centered customized medicine, geared up at providing comprehensive treatment plans that incorporate the best of modern medical science, and traditional natural medical approaches to not only treat disease, but to also restore and promote health.”
Dr. Kouame's specialty combines the wisdom of nature with the rigors of modern science. He diagnoses, treats, and cares for patients, using systems of practice that base treatment of physiological functions and abnormal conditions on natural laws governing human body.
With the combination of modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods, Dr. Kouame provides comprehensive treatment plan using protocols that minimize the risk of harm and helps facilitate the body’s inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health. They include physiological, psychological, and mechanical methods, such as:
- food and herb therapy
- naturopathic corrections and manipulation, and natural methods or modalities
Combining treatments with:
- natural medicines
- natural processed foods, and
- herbs and nature's remedies
In addition to being a board certified and licensed Naturopathic Doctor Kouame, his credentials also include:
- Doctor of Integrative Medicine
- M.A. in Kinesiology, Research Assistant at University of Maryland College Park, studying the neural mechanisms and computational principles of human adaptive sensory-motor and learning
- BS in Neuro-Physio-Biology
Dr. Kouame is a US veteran, having served with the US Army Reserves as medical specialist for 8 years. Fun fact: he speaks native French.