2 Overhill Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583
In 1985, Dr. Horowitz began placing dental implants after taking implant surgery courses both in the United States and abroad. After completing a 2 year fellowship program, in 1996, in Implant Surgery at New York University concentrating in bone grafting procedures he became a Clinical Assistant Professor in Implant Dentistry at New York University, where he teaches and conducts research in bone grafting.
A Native of Westchester, Dr. Horowitz proudly completed his undergraduate studies at Cornell University and graduated from the Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery in 1982, having concentrated in periodontics and fixed prosthodontics. After completion of a 1-year general practice residency, Dr. Horowitz finished a 2-year specialty training program in periodontics at New York University and the Manhattan VA Hospital.
He is married and has 2 children.
- Accredited Member of the American Academy of Periodontology
- Lectures, coordinates and participates in research projects
- Frequent contributor to leading academic dental journals, both nationally and internationally
- International Periodontology lecturer
- On faculty at The NYU College of Dentistry in the Departments of Periodontics, and Implant Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- Performed and continues to perform research in bone grafting, regrowth of gum and bone tissue around teeth, extraction socket healing and the placement of dental and implants in areas of limited available bone
- Westchester Magazine 2009 Top Dentists