Maureen Lefkoff, DDS, MS, PA
Snowden Professional Center
8600 Snowden River Parkway
Columbia, Maryland 21045
Dr. Maureen Lefkoff knew that she wanted to be a dentist from a young age. She had braces as a child and was inspired by her orthodontist.
Dr. Lefkoff then completed a one year General Practice Residency at Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital, where she honed her dental skills and received valuable experience in managing patients with various medical conditions. She practiced general dentistry in Cleveland, Ohio, before returning to school to study periodontology.
Dr. Lefkoff received her post-graduate training in Periodontics at the Ohio State University,College of Dentistry, where she received advanced clinical training and conducted clinical research. She participated in a three year residency and received a Certificate in Periodontology and a Masters of Science Degree in December 1992.
Dr. Lefkoff moved to Maryland after completing her residency, working as a periodontist in the greater Baltimore area. She started her own practice in Columbia in October 1995. Dr. Lefkoff's office was located on Governor Warfield Parkway, near the Columbia Mall, until January 2005, when she moved to her current location on Snowden River Parkway.
Dr. Lefkoff continues to grow professionally by participating in numerous continuing education programs. Dr. Lefkoff is particularly proud of attending the prestigious Misch International Implant Institute in 2002 and 2003. In October 2012, she attended theCenter for Advanced Dental Education course 20/20 Oral Plastic Surgery, lead by Edward P. Allen, D.D.S., Ph.D. to learn the Minimally Invasive Soft Tissue Grafting Technique.
Dr. Lefkoff is a member of the following dental organizations:
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American College of Dentists
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Dental Association
- Maryland State Dental Association
- Howard County Dental Association
- Simplant Academy
Dr. Lefkoff has received the following awards:
- Named one of America's Top Dentists by the Consumers' Research Council of Americain 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013
- Named one of Baltimore's Top Dentists by Baltimore magazine, 2012
- Charter member of Peer Reviewed Dentists, 2013
Dr. Lefkoff has the following teaching experience:
- Graduate teaching assistant, the Ohio State University, College of Dentistry,Department of Periodontology, January 1990 to December 1992
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Department of Periodontics, September 1993 to April 1994