Marianne Ryan, P.T.
6 East 45th St.
New York, NY 10017
Marianne has had her own practice for over 25 years and has achieved advanced levels of orthopedic manual therapy techniques. During 25 years of experience and education, she taught in the NYU Medical Center Orofacial pain program and has been a guest lecturer throughout New York in the areas of TMJ, Back and Neck Pain, work station ergonomics, good posture and “two minute exercise breaks at work”.
Marianne is frequently interviewed by publications including Red Book, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine and numerous Internet based magazines. She has been interviewed on many radio shows and was featured in a documentary by the Tribeca Film Institute.
After qualifying from Hunter College, as a physical therapist, Marianne’s past experience includes working in a general hospital along with sports physical therapy centers. For the past 20 years, Marianne’s main focus has been on implementing manual therapy techniques in spinal care, TMJ and total body treatment (including sports injuries). In addition she has extensive experience in treating Prenatal and Post Partum patients with particular emphasis on high-risk pregnancy.
Marianne is one of the elite Physical Therapist to have obtained Board Certification as an Orthopedic Certified Specialist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Physical Therapy (APTA) Specialties. She is also on the APTA panel of experts for High Risk Pregnancies and a spokesperson for the American Physical Therapy Association Media Corps.
- Physical Therapy, Hunter College, New York, NY
- BS SUNY Oneonta, NY
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist Diplomate, American Board of P.T. Specialties
- Spokesperson American Physical Therapy Association Media Corps
Numerous postgraduate courses in advanced spinal treatment, Women’s Health, TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder), general orthopedic and sports-related injuries. Including:
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Adverse Neural Tension
- Manipulative Therapy Techniques
- Women’s Health Treatment (incontinence, pelvic pain, Prenatal and Post Partum, diastasis, osteoporosis, high risk pregnancies)
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Dysfunction
- Functional Integration of the spine and extremities
- Cyrax approach to Orthopedic problems
- Shoulder Pathophysiology, mechanics and treatment (several courses)
- The Patella (Grelsamer and McConnel)
- Several advanced level Manual Therapy courses
- Lumbar instability and Pelvic Floor Integration in core strengthening.
- Functional Analysis and Management of the Lumbo-Pelvic-Hip Complex
- Muscle imbalance (upper/lower quarter and trunk)
- Spinal Stabilization (Cervical/Lumbar)
- Myofascial release and Neuromuscular Therapy
- Strain and Counterstrain
- McKenzie, Pilates and Alexander Techniques
- McConnel taping (lower extremities, shoulder and spine)
- Hypopressive Method
- Several Sports Medicine and podiatric seminars
Marianne is available for interviews in print, radio and TV on several topics including Women’s Health. Pelvic Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy treatment for pregnant and postpartum clients, TMJ and headaches, back and neck pain.