HIPAA Compliance Expert
P.O. Box 10391
Burke, Virginia 22009
Jay Hodes is President and Founder of Colington Security Consulting, LLC. Mr. Hodes has over 30 years of combined experience in risk assessments, site security evaluation, policy and procedures assessments, and Federal law enforcement management. He is the former Assistant Inspector General for Investigations at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General (OIG).
Utilizing his expertise in regulatory requirements, inspections and security analysis, Mr. Hodes developed HIPAA compliance services specifically designed for small healthcare providers, along with those who provide services as designated Business Associates. Mr. Hodes has been the keynote speaker and provided presentations regarding HIPAA compliance to a number of professional healthcare organizations.
As an expert in risk assessments and security analysis, his background includes:
- published over 30 educational articles regarding HIPAA compliance and a guest post in the Electronic Health Reporter;
- certified by the New Jersey Board of Dentistry and the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners to provide continuing education classes in HIPAA compliance;
- supervising over 200 Special Agents and professional support staff responsible for health care fraud investigations and law enforcement efforts throughout the eastern United States;
- assembling and leading an OIG cross component team tasked with congressional inquiries regarding employee whistleblower allegations of IT privacy issues;
- regularly evaluating and assessing physical security standards for safeguarding employees, office locations and sensitive law enforcement equipment;
- serving as a senior security advisor to U.S. Secretaries of Health and Human Services and Commerce;
- extensive training from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security Service, and the U.S. General Services Administration;
- actively participating as a member of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, American Society for Industrial Security, the Practice Management Association of Northern Virginia, the Loudoun (VA) Chamber of Commerce – Health and Wellness Initiative, Association of Elderservice Professionals (VA) and Business Network International (BNI).
Mr. Hodes has been interviewed and provided comments to Part B News regarding HIPAA compliance; Dr. Pam Brill on her radio show “In the Zone” providing remarks about risk assessments; and ABC “World News Tonight”and CNBC regarding OIG training standards.
Mr. Hodes is available to speak to your organization about HIPAA compliance requirements. For more information and scheduling, please contact Mr. Hodes directly at the email address listed below.